Healthy Smiles for Your Family
If you’re looking for expert dental care for your family, you don’t have to travel far. At North Mississippi Family Dentistry, quality family dentistry care is available right here in Tupelo.
With the knowledge and industry expertise of Dr. Wall and Dr. Holliday, your road to a perfect smile gets a lot easier.
What Is Family Dentistry?
Family dentistry — like its cousin, general dentistry — focuses on preventative, diagnostic, and restorative care. At North Mississippi Family Dentistry, this means that you and your family will receive:
- Regular cleanings to help prevent dental disease
- Thorough dental exams to diagnose and treat oral conditions
- Necessary procedures to help restore damaged teeth
- Other dental services as needed to maintain overall wellness
Dr. Wall, Dr. Holliday, and our compassionate team of experts stay up-to-date with the latest dental treatments and use modern technology at our Tupelo office to ensure you and your whole family have a comfortable, rewarding experience at every visit.
Family Dentistry Services
At North Mississippi Family Dentistry, your smile is our priority, so we provide a gentle touch and stunning results using a wide range of procedures and services to you and all our patients in Tupelo and the surrounding areas.
Every six months, our expert, registered dental hygienists will professionally clean your teeth and perform preventative maintenance, including:
- Removing tartar from above and below the gum line
- Removing plaque from the gum line to prevent inflammation
- Polishing to remove stains and plaque from your teeth
During your six-month dental exam at our Tupelo office, we’ll focus on diagnostic and restorative care to determine if you have any problem areas in your mouth and teeth that we need to treat. We’ll also identify areas that we can improve to prevent future problems.
During this checkup, we’ll examine:
- Diagnostic X-rays to help detect decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, as well as determine the position of your teeth and their roots
- Your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for signs of oral cancer
- Your gums and the bone around your teeth for any signs of periodontal disease
- All tooth surfaces for signs of tooth decay
- Your current fillings, crowns, and other existing restorations to make sure they haven’t been damaged with age and use
At North Mississippi Family Dentistry, we know the critical role your gums play in your overall health and wellness.
Periodontal disease results from inflamed gums. If left untreated, this infection can spread from your gums to other parts of your body — including your bones and heart.
Thankfully, you can easily prevent periodontal disease if detected early enough. During your six-month dental exam, we’ll look for common symptoms — such as swollen, bleeding, or reddened gums — and use any necessary procedures to return your gums to good health.
Root Canal Therapy
If inflammation does reach your tooth, our expert team can use root canal therapy to remove the infected pulp of your tooth.
This will eliminate the possibility of further inflammation and prevent the spread of the infection to your surrounding teeth.
If you’re having excruciating tooth and gum pain, undergoing root canal therapy may alleviate your discomfort in as little as one visit.
At our Tupelo office, we can paint a protective sealant — a thin, durable coating of tooth-colored composite resin — on your molars to prevent cavities for years to come.
Protective sealants are particularly helpful for your child as an easy, quick, pain-free method for preventing tooth decay in their permanent back teeth.
As an adult, you can also use dental sealants as a solid, go-to preventative measure against tooth decay.